Sunday 15 November 2009

Analogue gaming

I can highly highly recommend the Musee Mecanique in the otherwise ghastly Fisherman's Wharf in San Francisco. It has one of the largest collections of coin operated games and amusments. This for example is a sort of proto-Streetfighter 2 where two robots batter the tar out of each other at your command. It's really really hard as you have to use a metal "pistol" to move your tiny tin scrapper to-and-fro whilst pulling two triggers that make his little arms dish out jabs. The only way to win is to land a punch right on the other boxer's chin while rushing forward; I did not manage this even when my opponent had got bored and wandered off.
I really wish I'd taken more photos as there were so many beautiful things:


Dance crying baboon musicians! Dance for my pennies!

No comments:

Post a Comment