Monday 28 December 2009

Carlos

This is me and Carlos. Carlos is a horse. I rode him and we had fun.

Carlos reminded me of an idea I had for a restaurant in London which would be called L'Assommoir which has only one dish on the menu: horse steak served with frites cooked in horse fat.

The drinks menu would be slightly longer: half pints of Kronenbourg en pression plus a choice of red or white wine served in unvarnished earthenware jugs and chipped tumblers. Alternatively patrons can try the potent, slightly cloudy eau d'vie distilled on the premises: ask the waiter what it's made from and he will simply shrug and grunt. Actually, if you ask the waiter anything he will simply shrug and grunt; that's kind of the point of the restauant. There is no dessert menu.

Anyway I have a very, very stong feeling that this restaurant would be a success so all I'm looking for is the initial investment of 100% of the capital required to open a restaurant in central london, plus someone who knows how to run a restaurant and the name of a good horse butcher. If you have any or all of these things, my email address is at the top of the page. Merci.

No comments:

Post a Comment